A pineapple is a regal fruit — after all, it does have a crown. It’s impossible not to think of a pineapple as a sweet and cheery fruit and the same sweet and cheery philosophy often applies to our pets too.
That’s why we wanted to make a cozy pet-bed for our pup that matched his sweet, cheery and regal personality. Using our, “if you dream it, you can make it” approached, the idea of our Sweet Dreams Pineapple bed was ‘grown’ and we think it suits our happy pup just perfectly!
Supplies (all available for purchase or ordering at your local sewing and crafting stores)
- EverSewn Sparrow25 Sewing Machine
- EverSewn Quilting Foot, Item# 321417008
- Dog Base Pattern - Dog Napper, by Karen Massey/Southwest Denim Designs and More, Item# K106 (to make the bed base)
- Bosal Dog Bed Foam, Item# BOSDB1
- In-R-Form Plus Double Sided Fusible 18" x58", Item# BOS49318
- *3 yds Dritz Boning - White 1/4" Item# D572-9 (optional)
- EverSewn Glass Head Pearl Pins #ES-CGPP
- EverSewn 6” x 12” Ruler #ES-QR
- EverSewn 45mm Rotary Cutter #ES-RC45
- PDF Download for Top Pineapple Pattern Pieces
Fabric for Pineapple only (does not include the fabric needed to complete the bed base)
- Main - 1 yd
- Lining- 1 yd
- Contrasting Fabric (pineapple crown) Fat Quarter
- Main Fabric: Cut 2 sides, cut 1 back
- Lining Fabric: Cut 2 sides, cut 1 back
- In-R-Form Plus: Cut 2 sides, cut 1 main, cut 3 crown
- Contrasting Fabric: Cut 6 crown
Below are the instructions for making the top portion of the Pineapple Pet Bed. Follow pattern Dog Napper, Item# K106, for completing the bed base.